Last Updated: 12th July 2018
Our Head of Production is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the head of production at email@example.com
What is Personal Data?
“Personal Data” is any information that identifies you or from which you could be identified, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identified or one or more factors specific to the physical, psychological, genetic, mental, economic or social identity. Personal Data includes subsets of special categories of information that reveal information about your health, among other things.
On what basis does Little Gem process your Personal Data?
We will use your Personal Data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Purposes for which we will use your Personal Data
We have set out below a description of all the ways we plan to use your Personal Data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate. We may process your Personal Data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any further details about the specific legal ground we are relying on, where more than one ground is set out below.
- To administer and protect this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data); Necessary for our legitimate interests (for network security)
- To deliver relevant website content to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the content we serve to you; Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how individuals use our website and content, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
- To use data analytics to improve our website, content, marketing, user experience; Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
Does Little Gem transfer your Personal Data outside the EU?
No, we do not transfer your Personal Data outside of the EU.
How long does Little Gem retain your Personal Data for?
Little Gem retains Personal Data only as long as necessary for the purpose it was collected (for example, to provide you with a service you requested from Little Gem). Alternatively, Little Gem may retain Personal Data where we are required to do so under law or for our legitimate business purposes pursuant to our record retention policies.
What rights do you have in relation to your Personal Data?
Under the GDPR, you have a number of rights which may apply in certain circumstances. These include the right to:
- access to your Personal Data and to certain other supplementary information that this privacy notice is already designed to address;
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold;
- require the erasure of Personal Data concerning you in certain situations;
- receive the Personal Data concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations;
- object at any time to processing of Personal Data concerning you for direct marketing;
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you;
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your Personal Data;
- otherwise restrict our processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances.
[If you would like to unsubscribe from any email newsletter you can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email newsletter.]
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please email our head of production at email@example.com and let us have enough information to identify you. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity. This is a security measure to ensure that Personal Data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your Personal Data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your Personal Data.
The GDPR also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.